top of page


Our aim

To be strong advocates for the people we support, so that their voices are heard.

  • What is 1:1 support?
    1:1 is bespoke support to meet your individual needs, activities and life choices. TPA staff work with individuals to empower them to make informed choice and enjoy life to the full.
  • Can I do/and eat the things I like at respite?
    Individuals are supported and encouraged to make the most of their time at respite. TPA work alongside clients, planning together activities, meal choices, days and evenings out.
  • What is the difference between supported living and residential care?
    Supported Living The care people receive is tailored to each individual’s needs People have a tenancy agreement, which means their home is more secure as they are protected by law Often there is more integration with the rest of the community and people have more choice about where they live and who they live with People have more personal space The support given is person-centred. Individuals help plan the support they receive Residential Care More standardised level of care The individual is a patient or client of the care home Sometimes located on campuses away from the rest of the community, with less personal space Less involved in decision-making
  • What are Direct Payments?
    Direct payments may be obtained from an individual’s local authority if they: have been assessed as needing services under health and personal social services legislation have a disability and are aged 16 or over (including disabled parents) are a carer aged 16 or over, including people with parental responsibility for a child with disabilities Those aged 16 or over may receive a one-off direct payment for a specific carer’s service following an assessment. The local authority will need to agree with the individual in advance how they may spend the allowance, but they will aim to offer as much choice as possible. However, the money cannot be used to employ a close relative or a person living in the individual’s house, unless that person is someone you have specifically recruited to be a live-in employee (other than in exceptional circumstances, which your Local Authority may agree with you). For more information on direct payments please click here.
  • Will I be better/worse off financially in Supported Living compared to residential services?
    Additional premiums are paid on benefits for those who qualify and who live in Supported living. However the funding authority still has a right to assess for a contribution. In Supported living they will receive more in benefits but, they will need to fund things like utility bills; food and provisions; budget for travelling. In residential services these are included in the service provision. They will be no worse off in supported living and many find they have more choice and freedom.
  • How will I pay for my placement in Supported Living?
    The Local Authority will fund a placement based on their eligibility criteria. As mentioned above, the Funding Authority may undertake a financial assessment to see if individuals can afford to make a contribution towards funding the care. Supported living also has a rent element, which is usually covered by Housing Benefit or Universal Credit. However, this can be funded privately if you wish to.
  • Can I go home to visit family/friends for the weekend?
    You are able to visit family/friends whenever you choose.
  • Will I have my own door key?
    You will be provided with a key to your house.
  • Can I have Sky/ Virgin/ BT on the TV?
    You are able to have any of the above if you wish to subscribe and pay for this in advance.
bottom of page